Winter is here and as is often the case health and social care organisations will face staffing and capacity challenges. Winter is recognised as a period of increased pressure due to demand both in the clinical acuity of the patients and the capacity demands on resources within the trust and wider system. Other challenges such as Covid, infectious diseases including norovirus and winter flu mean that all sites experience increased pressure in patient flow.
Enable East has a pool of over 100 experienced Associates who are available to support you and your teams. Our commissioned services offer short and longer term contract opportunities at Agenda for Change rates. Contact us via email@example.com to discuss your support requirements.
Our Associates have expertise in:
Medical specialist examples – Audiologists, Ophthalmologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Dieticians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Speech and Language Therapists and many more
Supporting examples – Project Managers, Strategic leads, Administrative Support, Stakeholder/Patient Engagement, L&D Trainers, Communications
Benefits our commissioned support could offer
- Same Day Emergency Care: reducing variation in SDEC provision by operating a variety of SDEC services for at least 12 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Frailty: reducing variation in acute frailty service provision. Improving recognition of cases that could benefit from specific frailty services and ensuring referrals to avoid admission.
- Inpatient flow and length of stay (acute): reducing variation in inpatient care and length of stay for key pathways/conditions/cohorts. Implementing in-hospital efficiencies and bringing forward discharge processes for pathway 0f patients.
- Community bed productivity and flow: reducing variation in inpatient care, length of stay and impact on mental health. Implementing in-hospital efficiencies and bringing forward discharge processes.
- Care Transfer Hubs: implementing a standard operating procedure and minimum standards for care transfer hubs. This will reduce variation and maximise access to community rehabilitation and preventing re-admission.
- Intermediate care demand and capacity: supporting the operationalisation of ongoing demand and capacity planning. This includes improved use of data to improve intermediate care including community rehab.
- Virtual wards: standardising and improving care across all virtual ward services, improving care, preventing admission and improving discharge.
- Urgent Community Response: increasing volume and consistency of referrals improving patient care, ease pressure on ambulance services, and avoiding admission.
- Single point of access: driving standardisation of urgent integrated care coordination to facilitate whole system management of patients.
- Training specialists to ensure your people and communities are properly prepared for Winter
- Communication specialists who can help send the right message about services available and when to self-care
- Creating the capacity to meet the demand. Enable East has a range of medical specialist roles – Audiologists, Ophthalmologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Dieticians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Speech and Language Therapists and many more
What to do next
The information above is just a brief introduction to the different support we might offer. Our team of Associates offer a wide pool of expertise which means we can normally find a solution to most challenges. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.